So my first chocolate post! (I swear I eat chocolate all the time, guys!)
These brownies are chewy, dense, moist, slightly crumbly and crunchy on the top and sides. And just the perfect amount of chocolate intensity.
Just stick to Hershey’s recipe and you will have a perfect batch of sugar craving satisfaction.
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, melted and divided
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract /4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan or two 8-inch square baking pans.
- Stir together cocoa and baking soda in large bowl; stir in 1/3 cup butter. Add boiling water; stir until mixture thickens. Stir in sugar, eggs and remaining 1/3 cup butter; stir until smooth. Add flour, vanilla and salt; blend completely. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes for rectangular pan, 30 to 35 minutes for square pans or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
These suckers didn’t last long. Just look at that heavenly dessert!